There has been a lot of exciting developments here at Limestone Networks over the past couple of months, and I wanted to take the time to share them with you.
We’ve released, or are in the process of developing, the following new services.
- LSN CDN has been launched.
- We just launched Parallels Plesk 12.
- We will start accepting Bitcoin as payment next week.
- We plan to soon offer Off-Site Bare-Metal Backups.
- We renewed our partnership with GlobalSign to offer free SSL certificates.
- We will soon be offering the Intel Xeon E5-2600v3 processors and DDR4 RAM.
I’m glad to report: Escalations to our Network Engineers are at an all time low. We have been running at peak performance.
- We’ve made improvements to our Basic DDoS Protection, limiting downtime for clients using this service.
- We are upgrading our network infrastructure to the latest in Cisco equipment (a full announcement is coming soon).
- We are in the process of rolling out 10Gbps capacity directly to servers.
- We are adding an additional scrubbing center for our Enterprise DDoS Protection in New York (the current is in California). This will decrease latency for people using this service.
- We are developing more control and visibility into our Enterprise DDoS Protection offering– allowing you to see the attacks in our Security Center and customize your filtering experience without contacting Support.
The last few months have been focused on you, the client. We’ve been reviewing and implementing client suggestions and feature requests.
- We’ve created “Billing Allocations,” allowing you to keep the prepaid balance for your dedicated servers separate from your cloud hosting. We know this was a frustration for some clients, and we’d love feedback on how to make it even better.
- We have developed and released a WHMCS plugin to enable clients to resell cloud servers, fully automated.
- Soon, you will be able to order servers and pay invoices using Bitcoin.
- We are launching a new extensive REST API for both cloud and dedicated hosting.
Here at Limestone Networks, all of the departments have one goal in mind: Client Satisfaction. If there is anything we can do to make your experience better, let us know. You can speak with someone on Live Chat or update any of your tickets with a suggestion.
Director of Business Development
Limestone Networks, Inc.
LSN CDN: What is it?
LSN CDN by Limestone Networks is a Content Delivery Network that spans the globe with 12 points of presence. Whether or not a web site is hosted at Limestone Networks, LSN CDN can be easily set up to decrease the load time of any web site by leveraging caching that is distributed around the world.
Reasons to use LSN CDN
- Boost Performance
- With your visitors loading files from LSN CDN servers near them, your web site will load faster. For example, a person in Brazil or the UK would load images and videos on your web site from a server in those locations.
- Save Bandwidth
- While utilizing LSN CDN, a cache of your files is maintained on servers in several countries. This means that the bandwidth on your server or hosting plan will not be used as much.
- Lower Server Load
- If you maintain a or cloud or dedicated server and experience high server load peeks, utilizing LSN CDN will help reduce and stabilize your server’s workload.
- SSL Supported
- Customizable Cache Expiry
- Hotlink protection
- Country Access Policy
- Username/Password Protection
- URL Signing
- MP4 and FLV Pseudo Streaming
- Optional Search Engine Blocking
Want to take advantage of LSN CDN now? Get started here!
Limestone Networks has Points of Presence (PoP) in the following locations. Gain access to these regions without ever leaving your desk.
Seattle, WA (US)
- The original Starbucks was opened in Pike Place Market in Seattle, Washington in 1971.
- Seattle was the first city in the US to play a Beatles song on the radio.
Los Angeles, CA (US)
- When L.A. was founded, the city’s full name was “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora Reina de los Angeles sobre el Rio Porciuncula.”
- Beverly Hills started out as a modest lima bean ranch.
Dallas, TX (US)
- Headquarters of world’s greatest cloud and dedicated hosting company: Limestone Networks.
- The frozen margarita machine was invented in Dallas.
- The first convenience store, 7-eleven, got its start in Dallas and the corporation is headquartered there today.
Chicago, IL (US)
- Spray paint was invented in Chicago in 1949
- The Twinkie was invented in Chicago in 1930
Arlington, VA (US)
- Eight United States Presidents were born in Virginia: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, William Harrison, John Tyler, Zachary Taylor, and Woodrow Wilson.
- The State nickname is “Old Dominion”.
New York, NY (US)
- It can cost over $289,000 for a one-year hot dog stand permit in Central Park.
- Albert Einstein’s eyeballs are stored in a safe deposit box in the city.
Miami, FL (US)
- The only Everglades eco-system in the world is in Miami.
- Miami was a popular place for pirates to visit and bury their treasure. Famous pirates such as Gasparilla, Blackbeard and Lafitte were regular visitors and caches of gold, silver and treasure have been uncovered on and off land in the Miami area.
Sao Paulo (BR)
- Sao Paulo is the third largest city in the world
- The city consumes approximately 1 million pizzas per day.
- Big Ben is the bell, not the clock tower. Its chime is in the key of E.
- More than a 1000 bodies are buried underneath Aldgate station, in a plague pit built in 1665.
- Perhaps Prague’s most famous landmark, the Astronomical clock stands regally in front of the Old Town Hall and gathers hundreds of tourists from around the world. Every hour a procession of 12 apostles appear from the sides of the clock as well as the ominous figure of death striking the time
- The Prague International Marathon was founded in 1995 and is now ranked one of the most prestigious marathon races in the world.
- You can find the national anthem in microtext on the back of the $1000 note.
- Located at the National University of Singapore, the first ‘Hug Me’ Coca-Cola machine dispenses a bottle of Coke when a person wraps his or her arms around the machine!
- Efes is the beer of Turkey. Efes Beverage Group is the largest producer of beer in Turkey with approximately 80% market share and ranked 12 in the world beer market.
- Turkey is home to 2 of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World. The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus is near Izmir, and the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus is in Bodrum. The Wonders originate during the Greek era in 2nd century B.C.
- Australia’s first police force was a band of 12 of the most well behaved convicts.
- The ‘dingo fence‘ in Australia is the longest fence in the world (5,530km) – about twice as long as the Great Wall of China.
Our goal is to bring a piece of these locations to you, at the click of a button. Did we overlook an interesting fact about one of our CDN locations? Let us know!
Want to take advantage of LSN CDN now? Get started here!
Limestone Networks is a leading laaS provider of on-demand cloud, dedicated and enterprise hosting services. LSN has an advanced data center which includes multi-layered security, N+1 and 2N redundancy and premium bandwidth carriers. Limestone Networks features an industry-leading reseller program, robust client management portal and end-user panel, with 24/7 passionate support.
Article written by Keren Gosdin.